본문 바로가기

그리스도의 교육 수녀회 해외 선교

선교지소식

안나스쿨 | Marie's Diary - 마리의 다이어리

페이지 정보

작성자 마리 작성일2019-11-28 조회3,215회 댓글0건

본문

Hello,

My name is Marie Duval, I am half french, half korean and I am 20 years old.

After a couple of failed attempts at college, I thought it might be a nice change of pace to dedicate my time to volunteering.
That's when Father Charles Lee mentioned a center in Cambodia in need of an English speaking volunteer.
Therefore, I quickly flew back to Korea from France, packed my bags and was on my way to Pursat, Cambodia.
I was quite anxious given the fact that it is my first time volunteering but I was feeling an equal amount of eagerness to embark on a new adventure.

I had the pleasure of traveling with Sister Agatha. Upon my arrival, I've noticed how excruciating the heat was, definitely not the winter I was used to.
Meeting Sister Franny, seminarian Laurence, seminarian Dominique, and Father Paul was a delight. They were extremely welcoming and are very kind people.

I have been here for about a week, and I can say with absolute certainty that the children I've met so far are the sweetest souls I have ever had the pleasure of encountering. They find joy in the simplest things, they don't take anything for granted and are always thankful for the little they've got. Life isn't easy for any of them and yet they have the warmest hearts. In other words, spending time with them is a humbling experience. I hope that I can bring them as much jubilation as they bring me.

I've also met the staff members of Anna School, whom I've had the pleasure to teach English to today, for the first time. I am no English teacher but their enthusiasm sure does make my task easier. And they return the favor by educating me in Khrem, which I am thankful for because otherwise I would be lost trying to be understood.

I still have so much to learn about Cambodia's rich culture and the people but all I can say for now is that I'm excited about what's ahead and even more so because I'm surrounded by charming people in a warm and exciting country. 

안녕하세요!

저는 한국인 엄마와 프랑스인 아빠를 둔 한국 프랑스인 스무살 마리라고 해요.

대학에 입학한 뒤 몇 번의 좌절을 겪으면서 봉사활동에 저의 시간을 전념하는 것이 제 삶에 대해 고민해보기 위한 좋은 기회가 될것이라고 생각했어요. 그러던 와중에 찰스 리라는 신부님께서 캄보디아에 있는 한 센터에서 영어를 말할 줄 아는 봉사자를 필요로 한다고 말씀해 주셨어요. 그래서 저는 재빨리 프랑스에서 한국으로 돌아와서, 짐을 싸고 캄보디아 뽀삿으로 향하는 길에 올랐어요. 이번이 제 첫 봉사활동이라는 사실이 주는 걱정이 앞섰지만, 동시에 그만큼 새로운 체험을 향해 발 딛는다는 열망과 열정 또한 느끼고 있었지요.

아가다 수녀님과 여정을 함께 하게 된 것은 저에게 있어 행복한 일이었어요. 도착하자마자, 저는 캄보디아의 더위가 무지막지하다는 것을 깨닫게 되었고, 또 이곳의 겨울이 그동안 제가 알던 겨울과 전적으로 다르다는 것을 알게 되었어요. 프라니 수녀님, 라우렌시오와 도미니코 신학생, 그리고 바오로 신부님과의 만남은 매우 즐거웠고, 너무나도 친절하신 그분들은 저를 말 그대로 ‘환대’해주셨어요.

여기서의 일주일을 지내면서, 저는 이곳의 아이들이 제가 만났던 어느 아이들 중에 누구보다도 더 곱디고운 아이들이라고 자신 있게 말할 수 있어요. 그 아이들과의 만남은 정말로 행복했어요. 그 아이들은 가장 단순한 것에서 기쁨을 찾고, 무엇이든 당연하게 여기지 않으며, 조그마한 것을 받더라도 항상 감사해 했어요. 그 아이들에게 삶이 녹록하지 않았음에도 불구하고 그 아이들은 누구보다도 따듯한 심장을 지니고 있었어요. 그래서 그 아이들과 보낸 시간은 저를 낮추게끔 하는 체험의 시간이 될 수밖에 없었어요. 그 아이들이 저에게 기쁨이 되어준 것처럼, 제가 그 아이들에게 기쁨이 되어줄 수 있기를 바라는 마음이에요.

오늘 처음 기쁘게 영어 수업을 해드린, 안나스쿨의 직원 분들도 만났어요. 제가 정식 영어 교사가 아니었음에도 불구하고, 그분들이 보여주신 열정 덕에 제 짐을 덜 수 있었어요. 그리고 그분들은 저에게 크메르어를 열심히 가르쳐 주시는 것으로 보답해 주셨는데, 그게 아니었다면 제가 아무 말도 알아듣지 못했을 걸 알기 때문에 너무나도 감사했어요.

아직 캄보디아의 풍부한 문화와 다양한 사람들에 대해 배워야 할 것이 너무나도 많아요. 하지만 이렇게 따스하고 즐거운 나라 안에서 제 곁에 있어 줄 매력적인 사람들이 있기에 앞으로 함께할 길에 어떤 것들이 놓여 있을지 생각하면 정말 신이 난답니다.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.